Please read these Terms and Conditions of your holiday letting contract carefully as any departure from it permits the owner or his Agent to refuse the key, amend the rent or immediately terminate the tenancy.
We hope you really enjoy your holiday stay in our beautiful beachside district!
1. The premises are let for HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION PURPOSES ONLY. All bookings are made for the period stated on your email/letter/receipt and are taken in good faith by Pacific Palms Signature Properties but may be subject to change as may be notified by the owner prior to the commencement of the booking. All advance deposits are accepted on behalf of the current owner, however we will not accept responsibility for decisions, actions or arrangements taken by the current or a new owner of the premises, which is outside our control, and we reserve the right to cancel any booking should anything arise, which in our opinion absolutely renders the booking impractical (i.e.: the property is sold). In either event, we shall notify you as soon as possible and do our best to arrange alternative accommodation or dates suitable for you, failing which all deposit monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right or action shall exist in or be made by either party.
Pacific Palms Signature Properties participate in the Bad Book register. By accepting this booking you hereby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, including any guests, breach our Terms and Conditions, your Name, Phone Number and Email address along with details of the breach/breaches may be disclosed to the property landlord and/or other agents participating in the Bad Book register. Pacific Palms Signature Properties reserves the right to cancel a booking where a guest may be registered on Bad Books.
2. The premises are available 2.00pm and NOT BEFORE on the day of arrival and are to be vacated SHARP at 10.00am on the day of departure. The purpose of these strict times is to allow the necessary time to clean the premises. Please consider your fellow incoming/outgoing holiday occupants. We cannot allow access for the storage of refrigerated items prior to 2:00PM. PLEASE DO NOT ASK, AS WE DO NOT WISH TO OFFEND.
3. In accordance with health authority regulations, DOGS and OTHER PETS are not permitted unless stated on the individual property on our agency website. A $50 pet levy applies to each booking THAT DOES PERMIT DOGS ONLY (maximum of two dogs – other pets will NOT be permitted). Pets must remain outside at all times and all pet faeces, hair, food and any other mess caused by your pet(s) must be removed before you depart.
4. Unless stated within the property description, all premises are fully self-contained however LINEN AND PERSONAL REQUISITES ARE NOT PROVIDED. (I.e. sheets, pillowcases, towels, bath mats, tea towels, washing powder & toilet paper). Please note linen must be used on all beds. Linen can be hired locally at an additional charge. Blankets and/or doonas and pillows are supplied. Tea, coffee, sugar, washing powders, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, tea towels and other items are not supplied in most properties. A small complimentary supply of kitchen/bathroom equipment (detergent, soap etc) is provided.
5. The maximum number of persons permitted to occupy the booked premises will form part of the booking contract and will be nominated when you make your booking. If OVERCROWDING of the property occurs then your rental contract can be immediately terminated and you will also forfeit the full amount of your Security Bond that has been secured with our agency.
6. Pending bookings will be held for up to 7 days only. A deposit of 50% of the total rent must be received to confirm your booking. Payments can be made by internet or bank transfer, cheque, money order or credit card. A fee of $35 for dishonored cheques will be payable. All credit card payments for deposits and balances will incur a 1% Merchant Fee. We currently only accept MASTERCARD and VISA cards. PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT DEBIT CARDS FOR SECURITY DEPOSITS.
7. No guests under the age of 21 will be permitted to occupy holiday properties unless accompanied by an adult. We reserve the right to reject bookings from school leavers and or university leavers from mid/late October to early December as we do not have the policies, procedures or resources to meet the unique needs of those attending the annual ‘schoolies’ event. If on check in persons that are part of the booking are found to be participating in ‘schoolies’ they will not be checked in and no refunds will be given .Any schoolies bookings carried out by parents or others to circumvent our terms and conditions will result in immediate eviction from the Property by our security contractors and local Police (if required).
8. Balance of payment is due one month prior to your arrival date or bookings made less than 14 days before arrival are due immediately.
9. A Booking is confirmed upon payment of PART or the FULL deposit (paid BY THE DUE DATE). Please choose your booking carefully as deposits are not transferable. As advance deposits are accounted to the owner of the property upon receipt, cancellations are refunded ONLY when the premises are re-let for an equal number of days/dollar values. All cancellations must be in writing. All cancellations are subject to a $100.00 cancellation/handling fee. No refund on any unused portion of a confirmed holiday booking will be made. Travel insurance is recommended particularly for high-cost bookings.
If you cancel any booking made through Stayz, Rent-a-home or other provider you may be required to pay further fees to those providers. Any costs imposed by any other provider are in addition to any costs imposed by PPSP. Please note that a change of booking dates may attract a $50.00 administration charge
10. Security Deposits must be paid upon arrival, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturdays 9am to 4pm. Please advise any other guests who may be accompanying you.
11. On arrival guests will be required to provide a driver's license/photo ID and credit card details to register. Keys are to be collected from our office at 210 Charlotte Bay Street, Pacific Palms (Main Office) after 2pm on the day of your arrival. Pacific Palms Signature Properties office will be open Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm and Saturday 9 am to 4 pm and Sunday 10 am to 3pm. If you intend to arrive after these hours, you must make key arrangements with our office. Under no circumstances will keys be left out unless your accommodation fee has been paid in full and a Security Deposit Authorization form signed and returned to our office. Pacific Palms Signature Properties will not be responsible for alternative accommodation or any other costs incurred if a guest arrives after hours and a minimum $66 call out fee will be charged for such service.
12. The agent, Pacific Palms Signature Properties, will not be responsible for alternative accommodation or any other costs when guests arrive after hours.
13. Premises are furnished to the individual property owner’s taste and style and Pacific Palms Signature Properties takes no responsibility for any unmet expectations of guests, or any changes made by the owner to the décor, furnishings and equipment in the premises. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation from the owner or Pacific Palms Signature Properties to compensate or discount.
At times situations arise of which we have no control. Pacific Palms Signature Properties reserves the right to move guests to alternate accommodation (subject to availability) at their discretion or the direct instruction of the property owner. If this is the case, we will notify you as soon as possible and make every reasonable effort to make sure you are satisfied with your new accommodation. As all properties are privately owned Pacific Palms Signature Properties cannot accept responsibility should an owner be unable to let the property due to circumstances beyond our control. Should a tradesperson be sent out upon your request to carry out a repair that was unnecessary, the cost of the callout will be charged to you. Common examples include not correctly operating televisions, ovens and washing machines.
14. If on arrival by a guest the premises are unclean, or it comes to the attention of the guest that the premises have been damaged, the guest must promptly notify Pacific Palms Signature Properties and allow, or its agents, contractors or employees access to the premises for the purposes of inspection and if necessary cleaning or repairing of damage.
15. The guest will be responsible for damage to the property or premises or loss of or damage to any items at the property, including, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, floors and floor coverings, furniture and fittings, kitchen utensils, crockery, glassware, cutlery and the guest will pay to the agent, Pacific Palms Signature Properties, the full cost of replacement or repair of any such items damaged or lost. All damage, breakages and losses are to be reported to Pacific Palms Signature Properties immediately. All furniture and equipment must be left in the premises as originally found.
16. All accommodation is for RESIDENTIAL PURPOSES ONLY. Functions, parties AND EXTRA GUESTS on the premises are strictly not allowed and PENALTIES APPLY including immediate eviction will occur without refund for any unused stay. Occupation of premises in which guests of Pacific Palms Signature Properties causes nuisance or annoyance to neighboring or adjoining occupiers will be terminated immediately and the full security deposit forfeited and any costs incurred following misuse of the premises will be payable by the guest or charged against the credit card tendered. Pacific Palms Signature Properties reserves the right to terminate your tenancy immediately if you cause nuisance or annoyance to neighbors.
Where the Property is a strata or community title Property all occupants must abide by the building rules and by-laws. The Property is not to be used for any other purpose or by any greater number of occupants. The use of the Property for a function, party or other like gathering is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you use the Property for a function, party or other like gathering:
(a) Your stay at the Property will be terminated;
(b) All Guests and other occupants of the Property will be removed from it by our Security Contractors and local Police (if required);
(c) All monies paid will be forfeited including your security deposit. In addition the Guest agrees to pay for the cost of the Security Contractors, Police noise abatement orders ($220.00 per complaint) and noise pollution fines imposed by Great Lakes Council.
No mattresses, tents or caravans, or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. Automatic loss of the security deposit will apply.
17. Re-bookings should be nominated prior to your departure (UNFORTUNATELY RE-BOOKINGS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED ON SATURDAYS OR SUNDAYS DURING SUMMER SCHOOL HOLIDAY PERIODS). You have the first option to re-book the same property for the same period the following year (Subject to availability offered by the property owner).
18. No responsibility is taken for guests personal property left on the premises. Doors and windows at the premises should be secured at ALL times. A handling fee of $33.00 plus postage will be charged when guests request lost property to be returned by post. Postage, packaging and the cost of sending out a staff member to search for the item will need to be paid in advance; a minimum cost of $25.00 applies. Items found and delivered to us by the Property cleaners will be held for claiming for a maximum of 2 weeks and if not claimed will be disposed of.
19. With telephone or postal bookings, any printed, written or verbal description of the premises by the agent or an employee is made in good faith. No responsibility for discrepancies will be accepted. Please choose your property carefully using the information provided on our comprehensive websites. There is no provision to change properties on your arrival if you are unhappy with your choice.
20. Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys and remotes. Duplicate keys are not always available. Guests requiring a key from the agent or his representative after office hours will be charged a service fee of $75.00. If keys or remotes are lost you will be responsible for the changing of the locks and remotes if applicable.
21. Any repairs, maintenance or service reported and requested by guests to be effected to the premises or any equipment provided at the premises, and/or deemed necessary by Pacific Palms Signature Properties, will be effected as soon as practicable, however no recompense will be negotiated due to the failure of any services, equipment or other contents provided at the premises. Guests are required to allow repair and or service personnel to enter the premises during reasonable hours by arrangement (and at any time in an emergency) for the purpose of conducting any repairs, maintenance or service. Guests requesting a service call which is subsequently found not to be required will be charged the applicable service call-out fee.
22. Guests will be responsible for costs incurred for retuning TV/VCRs/DVD’s which have been detuned by guests or by the attachment of electronic devices, play stations etc.
23. If guests do not leave the premises neat and tidy Pacific Palms Signature Properties will charge the guest a minimum cleaning fee of $100. Any spillages, fridge and kitchen benches must be wiped, floors swept, dishes washed, dried and put away clean, BBQ cleaned (if messy), and all garbage must be wrapped and placed in the garbage bin provided. A $25.00 BBQ cleaning fee will be charged for BBQ’s that are left unclean.
24. The property must be vacated on time (penalty fees apply for late check-out without arrangement) and secured with all windows & doors locked. All keys must be returned to Pacific Palms Signature Properties’ Charlotte Bay Street office immediately after vacation of the premises. The guest acknowledges and agrees Pacific Palms Signature Properties is not required to undertake an inspection of the property in the presence of the guest on vacation of the property. Penalties for late return of keys apply.
25. In the case of apartments, units and villas, car parking or carports are usually numbered. Extra vehicles, boats, etc are to park outside the grounds, or other satisfactory arrangements made with the agent. Parking of vehicles should only be parked in spaces provided with the Property. Any additional vehicles MUST NOT be parked in any other space, or parked on nature strips outside of the Property.
26. In the event of renovation/building work being carried out in or near the holiday premises, such work is beyond our control and we cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience you may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated in these circumstances.
27. The garbage/recycle bin will be collected Monday night in Pacific Palms and Wednesday night in Seal Rocks. Occupying guests must put the bin on the curbside with handle facing the property. Excess garbage, bottles and boxes will not be collected by Council and must be removed and disposed of by guests (please do not deposit these items next to the garbage bins), or arrangements made with Pacific Palms Signature Properties and a fee will apply.
28. All rentals are subject to increase without notice, especially in the case of the premises being upgraded or renovated and on instructions from the owner, and in respect of genuinely misquoted accommodation fees. Guests will be given the opportunity to pay the increase or obtain a full refund of the deposit paid.
Refundable Security Deposit All bookings are accepted on the basis that the utmost care and consideration are given to the premises and neighboring occupiers by the holiday occupant. Refundable security deposit of $500/$1000/$1500 (tariff category dependent) must be paid on your arrival. If arriving after hours a "Credit Card Security Authorization" will need to be filled in, signed and then faxed to our office, along with a copy of your Drivers License before keys can be left out for you.
29. Pacific Palms Signature Properties reserves the right to make a claim on the security deposit including the following:
- Damages and breakages to the above property and inventory provided
- Replacement of lost or damaged keys/remotes
- Excess cleaning and garbage upon departure (all rubbish outside in the appropriate bins provided)
- Requesting a service call that is found to be not required
- The property is left unsecured (which could result in loss/damage)
- Overcrowding of the premises
- BBQ not left clean
- Holding a function/party at the above property
- Excessive noise
- Departing after organised check-out time (extra night charged)
- Telephone/Internet charges (if applicable)
- Replacement of furniture that has been moved from its original place
- Bringing Pets into properties that are not nominated by our agency as PET FRIENDLY POLICY
- Any other incidental charges that may be incurred
- If the guests or their visitors have not adhered to our NO Smoking policy in ALL holiday rental properties.
A minimum security deposit of $500/$1,000/$1,500 (or other amount as specified by Pacific Palms Signature Properties from time to time) must be paid or organized upon arrival, or if arriving after hours, prior to your arrival. Unless otherwise agreed prior to arrival, PPSP requires the organization of all security deposits to be by credit card only (Not By Debit Card). If a guest or any person present in the premises with a guest’s permission breaches any of these Terms and Conditions of Letting, PPSP is authorised, without giving you prior notice, to claim the full amount of the security deposit and you will have no claim against PPSP in respect of PPSP doing so. Where the value of the loss or damage caused by the breach of these Terms and Conditions of Letting exceeds the value of the security deposit, PPSP, in addition to any other rights PPSP or the owner of the premises may have at law or in equity, has the right to recover from the guest any costs incurred as a result of the breach. An administration fee of $55 will be charged if a bond claim is required to be processed. (Please advise any guests who may be accompanying you).
Any printed, written or verbal description of the premises or position by Pacific Palms Signature Properties or an employee of PPSP is made in good faith and to the best of our knowledge; however no responsibility for misdescription, errors or omissions will be accepted. All courtesy will be given on genuine dissatisfaction. Any information or terms and conditions contained in holiday brochures or related websites are subject to alteration without notice, and to the extent of any inconsistency, these terms and conditions prevail. Please read these Terms and Conditions of your holiday letting contract carefully as any departure from it permits the owner or his Agent to refuse the key, amend the rent or immediately terminate the tenancy. We hope you really enjoy your holiday stay in our beautiful beachside district!
Subject to clause 29, PPSP will arrange for the refund for the Security Deposit within 30 days after vacation of the premises by the guest.
30. When a booking is made, the deposit is accepted for the Owner at that time. If the Property is sold and the Ownership changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee that the Property will remain available. Some Owners will keep the Property as a holiday rental, in which case your booking may not be affected. However if the Owner decides to move in to the Property or not rent the Property it will no longer be available. If the Property is sold, we will notify you as soon as practicable. We will do our best to organise alternative accommodation. If you choose to cancel altogether there are no cancellation fees and any payments you have made will be returned in full. If your holiday Property is listed for sale while you are in residence, you agree to allow the Owner or Agent to conduct inspections with prospective purchasers only at mutually convenient times, by appointment.
31. All properties under PPSP management are privately owned and are rented on a fully self contained basis. In most cases the Owner of the Property also uses the Property from time to time. PPSP acts as letting and managing Agent for the Property and are required by law to seek and act on the instructions of the Owner of the Property, even if PPSP may disagree with those instructions (provided those instructions are within the law).
32. The Property may have a broadband internet connection (wired or wireless).The operation of any internet connection during your stay is not guaranteed and may be disrupted or unavailable. The Guest will not hold PPSP or the Owner liable for the availability or disruption in any internet connection. TV and Foxtel reception in parts of Pacific Palms and Seal Rocks can be unreliable in times of high wind or storm. Depending on the location of the Property there may be low signal strength. The Guest will not hold PPSP or the Owner liable for any disruption in TV or Foxtel reception.
If Foxtel is provided at the Property the extent of available channels will vary from Property to Property depending on the account the Owner has set up with Foxtel. The Guest will not hold PPSP or the Owner liable for any channels that are unavailable.
33. Use of gymnasium equipment in the Property (if any) by the Guest or any occupant occurs solely at the risk of the person using that equipment. Children must be prevented from using any gym equipment. Use of the swimming pool and/or spa (if any) by the Guest occurs or any occupant must ensure the supervision of children and others.
In the event of minor faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation from the Owner or PPSP to compensate or discount.
34. At times situations arise of which we have no control, which may include damage to the Property you have booked occurring prior to your stay. PPSP reserves the right to move visitors to alternate accommodation (subject to availability) at their discretion or the direct instruction of the Property Owner. If this is the case, we will notify you as soon as possible and make every reasonable effort to make sure you are satisfied with your new accommodation.
35. All Guests are responsible for any loss or damage arising from breakages or other damage to the unit or common Property during their stay, including any additional cleaning, removal of excess garbage, repairs or replacement of items in the Property. Please respect the Owner's Property and do not move furniture around. A fee will be charged should this occur. If your Property is a unit, please do not move items from Property to Property, any inventory items that cannot be immediately identified will be charged as a replacement to you.
36. Unfortunately we do not deliver messages. Mailboxes are not supplied at the holiday properties. If you are expecting mail please have it directed c/- Pacific Palms Signature Properties, PO Box 122 Pacific Palms NSW 2428 and check every so often at our Charlotte Bay Street (main office) Office.
37. In the case of property refurbishment or Owners instructions, rental rates may be subject to increase without notice. Should this occur you will be notified and given the opportunity to pay the difference in tariff or receive a full refund of your monies paid. We will also offer you alternate accommodation if possible. This document includes prices as at 5/8/2019. Please note that we must revise prices from time to time. Prices are therefore subject to change without notice.
38. Under No circumstances is Smoking permitted inside any Holiday rental properties.
39. A maximum of two sets of keys per stay can be provided. Please note that a maximum of one garage remote maybe provided
40. Images of the property in any brochure or on any website are to be taken as a general indication of the appearance of the property, for example, it is possible furniture/appliances have been replaced or moved. No responsibility or refunds for alleged or misleading descriptions can be accepted.
41. It on arrival by a guest the premises is unclean, or it comes to the attention of the guest that the premises has been damaged, the guest must promptly notify the agent and allow the agent, or its contractors/employees access the premise for the purposes of inspection and if necessary cleaning and/or repairing of damage.
42. - TOTAL FIRE BAN—All Fires are prohibited in or around or in the vicinity of this property